Rich's sister, Cheryl, came for a visit from Tennessee. She's never met the kids and it was fun for them (and me) to get to know her. She did a cement stepping stone project with them and they thought it was great. They talked about "the project" for a few days before and after.
On Tuesday we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was a big zoo (well bigger than Point Defiance) with lots of animals to see. The big attractions for our kids were the meerkats (Lizzie wanted to know if we could buy one), feeding the parakeets, and for Hunter, riding the train. Anna and Lizzie loved the penguins and Hunter has a bit of Harry Potter in him because he can apparently understand and talk to snakes. It was very funny watching him and Anna hiss at all the snakes. According to Hunter one of the snakes was having a birthday. It was a cooler (?) day (only 90) and we had a great time. Lizzie, of course, threw her "we have to leave and we'll never be able to go to the zoo again" drama fit. After several hours of hearing "we'll never get to go to the zoo again" I finally convinced her that we would indeed get to go to the zoo again. Now she asks several times a day "Is today a zoo day?".
The interesting part of the week was the weird, itchy blister cluster Rich developed on his back and chest. He was able to get in to see the Dr. on Thursday (just before he left for the partner retreat in Albuquerque). He was convinced he had some kind of skin cancer. It turned out to be Shingles. He's been under a ton of stress at work and he had a cold last week and that brought on a case of shingles. He's on Prednisone, Valtrex and a pain killer (He says they really, really hurt). Luckily the kids have all been vaccinated for chicken pox and even though I've not had the chicken pox (that my mom or I were aware of) I have the antibodies. So hopefully we'll all be safe.
Today we're just hanging out at home waiting for Rich to get home. His firm is moving to a new building in October (one stress inducer), so we're planning on not seeing him too much for about a month.
Here is a video Rich took of the kids feeding the parakeets. I'm hoping it works and everyone will be able to see it. Let me know if it works. You can now leave comments on our blog (thanks Laura).
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute video! I miss you guys a lot! I can't believe how grown up the kids are. I feel like Anna could barely walk last time I saw her, but I'm sure that's not true. Post more videos! I'd love to see them!!!
-Steph
I can't believe how grown up your kids are, especially Anna! That zoo sounds fun, though I think I'd melt in that heat. It looks like you are still in the middle of summer. We are enjoying our pre-winter rain. Do you miss that? :)
Post a Comment