Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I just thought I'd give everyone an update on the Clark family.

Last Friday I went to a special sing-along showing of the movie Mama Mia! Mama Mia! was originally a stage musical that was written using Abba songs. My friend and I both love Abba music so we got another friend and went. It was fun, although not as much fun as I expected. I thought people would be up and singing and dancing, but everyone just sat in their seats and quietly sang along. It was nice just to be out and away from the kids and having fun with the girls. We did go for chocolate cake after the movie and then sat in the restaurant and talked for a couple of hours. You can't beat that.

On Saturday we let the kids use their hard earned money to buy little stuffed ponies at the "cowboy store". There is a store here called Cavendars that sells all things cowboy. Rich likes to shop there and the kids have found these little 3" stuffed pony toys that they love. Hunter loves them the best. He likes to put them in cars or trucks and drive them around. If we tell him he can pick out a toy he always tries to find some sort of vehicle for pony to ride in. He also gets really frustrated if he finds a vehicle that he thinks pony will fit in and pony doesn't. Anyway, he now has black pony and white pony. We spend alot of time trying to keep track of the ponies. Lizzie lost hers at Walmart the same day she got it and Anna's is hanging around the house somewhere.

Sunday was a typical Sunday. We did have an interesting lesson on the perils of pornography and what constitutes pornography. We're still talking about that one.

Monday was fun. I cleaned the house in the morning and let the kids dance to some rocking Abba tunes. (I've had Abba songs stuck in my head for days). Everyone was happy and then Lizzie decided that she couldn't dance with Hunter any more. She whined about it for awhile and I tried to get her to dance on one side of the room and Hunter to dance on the other side. Finally she came over to me and she said "Do you see why I can't dance with Hunter? He's got stupid moves." Can I help it that Hunter is 100% white boy?

We had our friends, the Davis's, over to swim in the afternoon. Well, Melanie and I took the kids swimming and Rich and Steve stayed home and played video games. We all met up later at some other friend's for dinner and a couple of games of Settlers of Catan. Fun was had by all.

Hunter and Lizzie went to Meet the Teacher Day at preschool this week. I think most of you know that they go to a preschool that is part of an Early Childhood Education course at a local high school. Their teacher, Ms. McCutchen, is awesome. The class has really grown this year. The twins afternoon class is full (a first) and there will be 5 student teachers in the classroom. I think they had 2 or 3 last year. This should be a good learning year for Hunter and Lizzie.

I can't leave Anna out of the picture. She's still got 2 year old attitude. Her newest thing is when we tell her it's sleepy time she says "It's not sleepy time it's wake up time". And anything I say to her is "rude, rude, rude". It's just so hard to discipline her with a straight face.

Hunter and his ponies in the Tonka Tow Truck.

No comments: