Friday, September 12, 2008

Preparing for Ike

Well, we're getting all ready for hurricane Ike to hit sometime tomorrow. We've been out battening down the hatches or at least all the outside toys and furniture. We've got plenty of food and water and batteries. The weather people are predicting 40-50 mph winds and 4-6 " of rain with the possibility of tornadoes. It should be an interesting weekend.

The twins finished their first week of school and I'm such a bad mom because I forgot the camera every day. Maybe we'll get second week of school pictures instead of first day of school pictures. They love it just as much as they did last year and are happy to go 4 days a week. I feel like my life revolves around school now. I guess I better get used to it since my life will revolve around school for the next 15 years.

Anna cries everyday when we drop Hunter and Elizabeth off at school. She so wants to stay. I keep reminding her that she has to be 3 and potty trained and then she can go to school. She really doesn't care about that stuff though, she just wants to go to school.

I started an exercise class this week. My friend is an aerobics instructor and she started a free class at a local park. It's 3 days a week and so far so good. It hasn't totally killed me, but I can tell I did some work. Hopefully I can keep up with it.

On a funny note, the kids and I were eating lunch today and Hunter heard the garbage truck. He announced that he wanted to be a garbage man when he grew up and Lizzie followed with "I want to be a princess when I grow up and have tap, tap shoes". But Anna was the cutest. She simply stated, "I grow up I could be a cow" and then followed with "I grow up I could be a pony". Isn't it great to be 2 and truly believe that you could literally be anything you wanted to be.

The funniest thing happened at dinner. Hunter has this blanket (Rich refers to it as the small pox blanket) that is gross and old and basically its just pieces of a blanket. We were eating dinner and Lizzie was saying something. She reached down and brought up Hunter's blanket, daintily wiped her mouth and put it back in her lap. It was perfectly executed if she were only using a real napkin. Rich and I both just about died laughing. I guess that blanket is good for something.

So, Rich and I are hooked on this Showtime series called Dexter. It's about a guy who is a blood splatter forensics specialist for the police department. He also happens to be a serial killer who kills people who are murders that have gotten off easy or have never been prosecuted. It's a very interesting show, but not for the week of heart. It's pretty graphic and gory. If blood and guts don't bother you I recommend you check it out. Season 1 and 2 are on dvd and season 3 starts on Showtime on the 28th.

No comments: