Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rich's Rebuttal

I've yet to be asked, by Hunter anyway, about a new vehicle acquisition for White Pony to commemorate her phony pony birthday. I'm not saying no, yet, but it had better be a pretty good pitch. I take my entertainment where I can get it.

I'll take the high road and refrain from replying to Holly's comments about my fantasy football issues. It just so happens that I won this week's matchup in the league where I incurred the $10 penalty for an additional free agent acquisition to cover my open defensive lineman slot that occurred due to the NFL re-scheduling the Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans game. The acquisition itself was garbage and contributed in no way to the victory, but I would have incurred a $10 penalty anyway for failing to field a complete roster. I'm sure none of you care, unless you share my addiction. If you do, I'd be happy to discuss the pros and cons of various roster decisions each week.

See what Holly has to deal with? I'm no longer content to watch one game a week. With three rosters to manage, each game played each week is likely to have some impact on one of the matchups, so I usually record the early games, watch the one I feel has the biggest impact, then watch gamecasts of all the other games being played on my laptop (sometimes I use two laptops). The upside is I can generally rattle off various stats and point totals for any of the top 200 players in the league. I get a lot of mileage out of these types of discussions at work, but almost no mileage at home.

We all have our addictions. I gave some up and took up fantasy football in their place. Sue me (but bring your A game).

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, I'm not in to fantasy football, but I have to admit I spent a few hours last week at the station with the guys watching the end of the BYU/Huskies game, and whatever the games were after that. I have to say, it wasn't too horrible.

Christine said...

Okay so I blog stalked you from Laura Johnsons blog. I can't believe how BIG the twins are. And I can't believe that you guys are living in Texas. I thought I was current on my Bonney Lake News - but obviously I was seriously misled. :) Anyway - we have a blog of all our happenings in Arizona. Email me at accahan@msn.com and I will send you an invite. I'd love to stay in touch and see how things are going with you and Rich.

Christine Cahan