Monday, July 21, 2008

Funny kids

Just thought I'd tell you about the funny things the kids did and said the last couple of days.

We picked Hunter and Lizzie up from their Sunbeam class at church yesterday and they told us that they learned about temples. Hunter had a great picture that he'd colored and proudly told us that it was a picture of a goat going to the temple. Not sure if he just didn't listen to the lesson or if that's some deep doctrinal insight. I do know that it's definitely a piece of art we'll keep.

Somehow, at dinner, Anna ended up sitting in her booster seat with a toy that plays the ABC song. I took it away from her so we wouldn't be forced to listen to it all through dinner and that of course made her mad. She started to cry and pushed her plate away saying, "I don't want it". She repeated this phrase a few times and then switched to "I don't want it. It's not nummy". By the time the other kids finished their dinner, Anna had decided that she did want her dinner and that it was nummy and that is was fun to make a mess with mashed potatoes.

We headed out to Walmart tonight and on the way Rich told the kids that no kids were aloud to sleep in our bed tonight. Lizzie was of course offended that she would be banished from some place and asked Rich why. He told her that she pushed him off the bed last night. She said "Oh, I'm sorry Dad, I didn't know you were there. Do you still love me?".

Just an interesting side note. We saw a turkey in our front yard when we left the house tonight. A welcomed difference from the usual cottontails that we see all over. The kids bug us all the time about how they want a bunny. We finally told them that if they could catch one they could keep it. I think they've given up.

After reading these stories none of them are really as funny in writing as they were in person. Hope you like them anyway.

No comments: