Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Funny Firework Story

I forgot to mention the funny theory that Hunter had about fireworks.
On the night of the 4th, the fireworks at a near by park started just after we put the kids to bed. The noise kind of freaked Hunter out, so I sat with him and we watched them from his bedroom window. He was really curious about where they came from. I told him they came from China and were sent to America on a big ship and then people could buy them. He wanted to know if they just came out of a hole in the grass, so Rich and I explained how they worked. On our way to church we pass a Buddhist Temple. As we passed it on Sunday, Lizzie says, "Hey, there's the Chinese place". Hunter replies, "Oh yeah, that's where fireworks come from". I'm guessing he just has no concept of what a different country means.

No comments: