Monday, January 5, 2009

The Holidays

I know it's been forever since I posted anything. I just never seem to get around to it.

We had a nice, easy Christmas. The twins woke up about 7:30 and came into our room to wait for Anna. The bad thing about having our room down stairs is that they can see everything before they come get us. Hunter was way excited to get is coveted Geo Tracks and insisted on playing with it until Anna woke up. We all got tired of waiting for her so I finally woke her up at 8. We opened presents and spent most of the day playing with all the new toys.

We had dinner with friends Christmas night and got in a game of Settlers of Catan and Rich and Steve played a game of Tiger Woods golf on the Wii. The funniest part of the night was watching Hunter and Carson (our friends 4 yr old boy) play Wii games. They were very animated.

Rich had a few days off for the Holiday and we just pretty much stuck around the house.

We attempted to go to Cabella's of New Year's day, because Rich wanted to get a dutch oven. We left the house and stopped at Ulta (a beauty supply kind of store) so that I could get some shampoo. Rich had the radio on while I was in the store and when I came out the car wouldn't start. A couple tried to give us a jump, but it still wouldn't start. About that time some other guy came over and looked at the battery and told us that it needed to be replaced. Luckily, we just happened to be next to a mall with a Sears and we were able to walk over and get a new battery. By the time we got done it was too late to go to Cabella's, so we took a very disapointed Hunter home.

On Saturday we made another attempt to go to Cabella's. We made it! After spending a couple of hours walking around looking at everything, we ended up at the check out with a 10" dutch oven instead of the 12" that Rich wanted. He ran upstairs and grabbed a 12" and we headed home. Rich immediately opened his new toy only to discover that it was a 12" camp oven istead of a dutch oven. He was so mad that he got up early Sunday morning and drove the hour to get there, exchanged it for the right one and drove an hour back home.

We had to laugh at Anna. We let the kids pick out a toy at Cabella's and she chose a stuffed trout. It's hilarious. She took her cute little stuffed lady bug and her stuffed trout to church with her yesterday. Someone actually made a comment about how funny it was. She's so silly.

The twins start back to school tomorrow and I'm so excited. They've been on break for 3 weeks and we're ready to get back to a schedule.

We're having the typical Texas weather here this week. It was in the 80's on Saturday and today we're having freezing rain. I think it's supposed to make it above 32 sometime today. I don't know what the rest of the week is supposed to be like, but I'm sure by Saturday we'll be back up to 80.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hailey would probably pick a trout too, drag it too church, and sleep with it. I still think it's disturbing they even make stuffed animals like that at all. If I woke up in the night with a trout staring at me, I think I might freak out!

Luber family said...

That is too funny about Rich returning the camp oven. I would be ticked too! And the fish thing, I am with Kristi on that one. Kids are funny with their stuffed animals and what they get attached to.

Holly said...

Anna does sleep with the fish, which is named Kieffy (she names everything Kieffy). She even has me wrap it up in a blanket like a baby.

Laura said...

That's hilarious. Shayla loved this odd hippo plate from a white elephant gift exchange. Kids are odd, but endearing aren't they.

Glad your Christmas was nice and relaxing. Those are the best kind. Enjoy some 80 degree weather for me.