Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching up with the Clarks

I just realized it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted on the blog. I figured I should probably give everyone an update.

We had a goof Thanksgiving despite sick kids. Hunter had a stomach bug and then Anna got it. Lizzie never got it, which was really surprising. I went to see the movie Twilight with a bunch of friends the night before Thanksgiving, so Rich got to deal with the brunt of Anna throwing up. Thanks Rich!!!

Rich has been working hard. The Dallas office moved to a new building and he had a big part in making sure the move went smoothly. He was gone for a few days just working on the move, but it all went well.

Anna is potty trained!! YIPPY!!! She still wears a diaper at night, but she's good to go during the day. 2 years ago I was thinking that I would never stop changing diapers. I guess all good things must come to an end. Hehe!

Hunter hit a big boy milestone on Thanksgiving. I was in the kitchen cooking and he came running in, "Mom, I went pee with my pants on. I used the hole in my underwear." I told my friend about it and apparently that is a big deal once you get into elementary school.

I asked Lizzie what she wanted for Christmas the other day. She said, "I want makeup with nail polish and a new girl phone." When did she turn 13?

We're all decorated for Christmas. I actually have a place to put up my Christmas village in our new house. The problem, the kids can reach it and they've already broken 7 pieces, mostly the little people. It doesn't help that Hunter thinks it's great fun to drive his construction trucks through it and shovel the snow.

We decided to buy a Wii for Christmas, although we never wrapped it up and we've been playing with it since we got it. It's really great. We just have the sports game and Hunter loves the boxing and golf and it's very funny to watch him play it.I'll take a video and post it. Rich and I like to bowl. It makes Rich mad because I don't bowl right, but I usually beat him. Even Anna likes can play it. For those who don't know, you don't use a joy stick or buttons, you actually move to make your characters move. One of the reasons we bought it is for exercise. There is a Wii fit program that we will be investing in soon. If you're thinking about getting one, I highly recommend it.

So, I joined the Biggest Looser club online. I'm liking the diet, but there are some days I don't do so well. I've been on it a month and I've lost 14 lbs, so I guess I'm doing ok. There is tons of support and we even do challenges. The challenges are mostly things like how many crunches can you do in one day. They are really fun and we post our results on the message boards. I really hope I can stick with this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, that's about it. I'm going to go beat Rich at bowling and then put the kids to bed.

1 comment:

Luber family said...

Hey, Holly, I just tried to email you to get your address but it came back as undeliverable. Can you email me your new address? I think that I have your rented one, not your bought one. Thanks!