We had such a nice night last night.
Our real estate agent had a party at the clubhouse in her development last night. The Clubhouse was nice with the swimming pool behind it and a play ground behind the pool. There was tons of food at the party and a jump house too. Hunter and Elizabeth spent most of the time jumping. Anna isn't quite brave enough for the jump house yet.
When the kids had enough of the jumping I went and got them each a drink. As I was walking back to them Lizzie pipes up with "Mom, I need some liquid". I gave her a cup and she said, "This liquid tastes like orange juice". I have no idea why she decided to use the term "liquid" or where she heard it, probably from Rich.
We walked over and let the kids play on the playground for a while and then we noticed a paved walking trail that went over a little creek. We walked over and looked off the bridge and then walked along the little creek. There were hundreds of minnows in the creek and the kids got a kick out of them. We followed the trail for a bit and then walked back down to the creek. I was with Hunter and Elizabeth and they had a cute little conversation. Lizzie saw a tree and said, "Hey, that's bamboo". (It wasn't bamboo) Hunter said, "Oh, pandas live in bamboo". Lizzie replied, "We must be in China". I guess I missed the day in geography when we learned that China was really close to Murphy, TX.
Anyway, the weather was super nice and we really enjoyed our little walk and the chance to spend a little bit of time together as a family. We've decided that we should use the walking trails in our development that follow the same little creek (I think) more often.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment